88 George Street, The Rocks, Sydney NSW 2000
This is a great restaurant in Sydney which is tucked away at the end of Hickson Street at the Rocks and we stumbled across it when looking for somewhere to eat at the Rocks during the ROCKS VILLAGE BIZARRE event.
The atmosphere was classy with delicious pastries and macaroons in the entrance window which were likely from their La Renaissance Patisserie and the stone interior. However, the plastic chairs could have been wooden or something less tacky.
We ordered our mains from the menu and we had the following dishes:
ENTRECÔTE D’AGNEAU, RATATOUILLE
Lamb scotch fillet, pearl barley, ratatouille, red pepper coulis, lamb jus $30 -
- Very tender lamb cooked medium rare
- Flavours complemented each other and textures were great
- Was reviewed as tasting great as well, I didn't eat this one but looked awesome
BAROQUE’S CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE $12
Valrhona ‘Araguani’ chocolate mousse, salted caramel and
dark chocolate ganache, mini chocolate macaron
- Very rich but delicious chocolate mousse cake
- the white sauce on the side tasted like white chocolate
Raspberry mousse, passion fruit cremeux almond nougatine
- Really nice raspberry mousse. Not as sweet as the chocolate one and was very light.
- You can eat more of this than the other one as dishes that are too rich can make you feel really full
Brilliant restaurant that we stumbled across.
Would definitely go back again as the food was worth it and the taste which is really important was amazing.